Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
firefly
Wars Admin
Wars Admin

THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD? Empty
PostSubject: THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD?   THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:59 pm

The latest, the best, the pants shorching of new tech and guess what ITS DELAYED

NVIDIA apparently are having some rather large problems with yield on there new nm chips( its way down), and the new gt300 series is now offically delayed untill at least 2010 q1

want to know more? http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1052025/gt300-delayed-till-2010 Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SphinX
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

PostSubject: Re: THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD?   THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:05 am

In all seriousness, if they spent more time getting game devs to make games that could use 4 GPU's to their limit, then they would not have to constantly make everything smaller so they could fit more crap onto a PCB. As it is, GPU die size gets smaller, yet the heatsinks don't. Make games that can use 2-4 GPU's effectively and people may buy your higher end products in two's, instead of being afraid if they buy a second GTX285-295, they will lose out because the game wont draw graphics intense enough to warrant 4xGTX285 GPU's.

/End Rant
Back to top Go down
DANGERDAN
Sniper Commander
Sniper Commander
DANGERDAN

PostSubject: Re: THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD?   THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:54 am

They have been trying to downsize the die to 40nm i think it is for a while and along with ati they have faild to do so with problems but inside says that the chip is actually already shipping out work models to selected people and is infact going to be ready this year.
There has been plans since the new card is actually the same all it is is the gtx 295 made from two pcbs which is now being made all onto the one pcb (just like the x2 from ati).
There will be no diff in power but maybe in heat and cost (knowing nvidia cost will be same) and plans are also made for the future to put the single pcb card and turn it into another gx2 so as you could thnk since its got two gpus on one pcb it wil be a 4 gpu card..
Back to top Go down
https://fastforwardgaming.forumotion.net
SphinX
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

PostSubject: Re: THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD?   THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:05 am

I wish they would stop trying to put 4-8 gpus onto one physical gfx card, irregardless of the number of pcbs, go back to the old days of 1 core, and thats all you needed THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD? 202416
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD?   THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THINKING OF BUYING A NEW G CARD?
Page 1 of 1